[GTALUG] TeamViewer-like SSH access

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Tue Sep 15 11:12:05 UTC 2015

I hate TeamViewer. I do everything with SSH, unless I have to talk to a
windoze box.

Moving sshd to a different port will remove 90% of hacking attempts. Use
strong passwords, or even better keys! I use iptables to only allow
access from a small set of machines over the internet. Also one of the
best programs I've found which turns ssh into a VPN (for all my purposes
anyway) is sshuttle.