[GTALUG] QEMU and GDB debugging a kernel module

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Fri Sep 4 17:37:41 UTC 2015

On 15-09-04 06:56 AM, Aruna Hewapathirane wrote:
> Thanks Kevin I will take a look at ddd.

I did an internet search a day or two back. There are other alternatives to
ddd for gdb front-ends and found a list of them at
     https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/GDB%20Front%20Ends

One of them that looks interesting is Gede. It isn't available for the
distro I'm running (Linux Mint) so it would have to be built from the source
files.

For now I'll stick with ddd. I'm used to it and I seldom need a source level
debugger so I'm not particularly motivated to search for something else to use.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.