[GTALUG] QEMU and GDB debugging a kernel module

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 14:06:46 UTC 2015

On 04/09/15 09:33 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 06:58:25AM -0400, Aruna Hewapathirane
> wrote:
>> <snip>
>> user.
>> <snip>
>>
>> Len, try qemu it is a zillion times more overwhelming than gdb
>> :)
>
> Oh yes, the qemu command line is quite something.  I do find the
> syntax more understandable than gdb though.

That is probably because you have more gray matter ( gray matter in
this case equates to long years of lived experience + testing +
breaking things then wash+rinse+repeat till you finally fix things.. )

I still *cringe* when I have to fire up qemu.. hopefully someday I
will feel comfortable but right now every single time I do this I
actually do PRAY ! ( Seriously I kneel then PRAY ! yes dat bad.. )

Len, if I may please I am setting up a few servers for a good friend
and they are running Zimbra Servers and Zimbra has it's own bundled
Apache so I do not see the usual /var/www root and the log files are
huge. Seriously huge. Any suggestions on how best to tweak for
performance ?

I also see free -m -l -t telling me it is hogging memory like
anything. Is this a Zimbra issue or ? Once again how best to resolve ?

The logs are purged daily so am guesing teh amount of transactions
through Zimbra is causing the weight ?

This is my first exposure to Zimbra and Servers actually so please
have mercy and be gentle.

Thanks - Aruna