[GTALUG] Active Surplus is Closing it's Queen Location

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Thu Sep 3 22:57:00 UTC 2015

On 09/03/2015 02:08 PM, Scott Sullivan wrote:
> Details on their site. Steels location to stay open. Everything 50% off.

I didn't even know they had a Steeles location.  I used to frequent the
Queen store years ago, when I worked downtown.  They had lots of stuff
there, some of it even useful.  ;-)

One item I bought there was an S-100 bus prototyping board, which I used
to build an 8 port serial card for my IMSAI 8080.  I actually populated
3 of the ports, but, with the 8250 UART, it was just as easy to design
the board for 8 ports as 4.  In designing and building that board, I
found a bug in the 8250 that Western Digital was unaware of.

I was in the vicinity of the Queen store recently and saw it was now
upstairs.  The last time I was in there, it was on the main floor and
basement.