[GTALUG] VL805 USB3 controller. Was Re: Need to get rid of old computer parts

Alex Volkov avolkov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 16:21:59 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of followup on the USB3 issue on VIA VL805. After updating
Linux kernel to 4.2.0-1 USB3 I was able to successfully copy bulk data
using the front panel. In general the computer appears to be very
stable, so I didn't bother with checking BIOS settings as the culprit
was buggy USB3 kernel drivers.

USB controller info from lspci:
02:00.0 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VL805 USB 3.0 Host
Controller (rev 01)

Card reader \w USB3 header connector info from lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:0301 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. multicard
reader

Alex.