[GTALUG] Need to get rid of old computer parts

Alex Volkov alex at flamy.ca
Wed Oct 7 02:26:29 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I had to upgrade my old computer, and I can report a success with
everything except VIA VL805 USB 3.0 host controller that locks up the
system whenever I attempt to use USB 3 in Linux. Oh well.

So right now I have a bunch of older hardware circa 07-10 that will go
into recycling unless someone wants it and I can bring it to the next
GTALUG meeting on Oct 13

AMD Athlon XP 3800+ with heatsink but no fan
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 with heatsink and fan
6x 2GB memory sticks of various performance (667-800Mhz), last time I
checked all of them worked
IDE Pioneer DVR-108 -- DVD-RW drive circa  2004

And for the in the off chance there are morbidly curious among you, I
have two motherboards that are mostly dead.

ASUS M4A-VM and ASUS P5KPL-VM

Any takers?

Alex.