[GTALUG] Server issues and questions

Digiital aka David digiital at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 23:38:37 UTC 2015

I tried a few of the NAS distros and really liked how OMV operated and
didn't have a lot of overhead or overly complex .

I'm running PLEX on it to organize my media.

OMV has a really easy admin setup to control users folders and permissions.

There are several community addons that you can install beside the default
ones.

This is outside of what you may want to do but I will give you a quick
rundown on my setup.

I have a VPS running in the US with SICK BEARD. Sickbeard is used to grab
my TV shows, subscribe to the TV shows I enjoy. It
grabs the torrent files and I have a script running on it to build a RSS
feed from those torrent files it's collected(the torrent file ,
not the actual tv show video file)

Now on my OMV box I have a script running to grab the torrent files from
the RSS feed. And the Bittorrent client on OMV downloads
the tv shows. Once the TV show is done downloading I then have another
script run to call FILEBOT to move the downloading
shows and sorted into their own TV Show Folder.