[GTALUG] free scanner

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat May 30 20:08:43 UTC 2015

I went to my local "Environment Day".  Among other things, folks can turn
in "e-waste", electronic things that they no longer want.  They just get
destroyed and, with luck, some fractional part gets recycled.

I hate seeing good things go to waste.  So I intercepted a scanner and now
have it.  An HP Scanjet 6300C.  It was large, so I thought that it would
handle legal-sized paper.  No luck, it is large but only handles A4 length
and Letter width (and smaller).

It is old and slow but does work with Linux (USB; I haven't tried its SCSI
prot).  Is anyone interested in having it?  I could likely bring it to the
next meeting.  If not, I'm going to throw it back.