[GTALUG] Help to setup for scanning

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:20:41 UTC 2015

I use a Brother printer at work, but it's been a long time since I set
it up.  I do remember that there were separate drivers for printing
and scanning.  I'm able to use "Simple Scan" in Ubuntu and it pulls
the scan from the machine.  I don't think I was able to get it to scan
from the printer and have it send to my machine.

You may have already seen this, but here's where all the driver files
are located:  http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj6510dw_all&os=128

It seems that to get the scanning to work from the printer end I would
have to also install the "scan key tool".  (not really a concern of
mine, though)