[GTALUG] Problem Installing Driver for Epson WF-2630

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 11 16:12:33 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 09:16:43AM -0400, Stephen wrote:
> On 15-05-09 10:42 PM, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> >Hi Stephen:
> >>I am running Ubuntu 14.04
> >>
> >>I downloaded the *.deb file from the Epson web site:
> >>
> >>epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.4.5-1lsb3.2_i386.deb
> >
> >Getting the right LSB package installed can be a pain. If you're not
> >using paper larger than Letter, the standard CUPS ESC/P-R driver
> >/should/ drive this printer fairly well.
> >
> >I've had the larger (size of a small tank, to be honest) WF-7520 for
> >years, and it's been great. Duplex ADF scanning, SANE support over the
> >network, scan to SD card (which appears as a samba share on the network)
> >... it just works.
>
> I have confirmed that I have LSB 4.1 installed using the Ubuntu
> Software Centre.
>
> But the install of the Epson driver still asserts a dependency error
> needed >=3.2
>
> I have run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.

Could you try:

dpkg -l|grep lsb

and post the output.

And are you running 32 or 64bit system?  After all the driver package
you are trying to isntall is 32bit and you might be running a 64bit
system and hence be missing dependancies for that driver.

The main lsb package (not lsb-printing) which seems to be what it depends
depends on lsb-printing, lsb-graphics, lsb-core, and a number of other
packages.

Perhaps just doing 'apt-get install lsb' would solve the problem.

--
Len Sorensen