[GTALUG] Problem Installing Driver for Epson WF-2630

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun May 10 02:42:47 UTC 2015

Hi Stephen:
> I am running Ubuntu 14.04
>
> I downloaded the *.deb file from the Epson web site:
>
> epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.4.5-1lsb3.2_i386.deb

Getting the right LSB package installed can be a pain. If you're not
using paper larger than Letter, the standard CUPS ESC/P-R driver
/should/ drive this printer fairly well.

I've had the larger (size of a small tank, to be honest) WF-7520 for
years, and it's been great. Duplex ADF scanning, SANE support over the
network, scan to SD card (which appears as a samba share on the network)
... it just works.

cheers,
 Stewart