[GTALUG] Problem Installing Driver for Epson WF-2630

Stephen stephen-d at rogers.com
Sun May 10 01:58:01 UTC 2015

I am running Ubuntu 14.04

I downloaded the *.deb file from the Epson web site:

epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.4.5-1lsb3.2_i386.deb

It starts in the Ubuntu Software Centre, but I get an error message:

"New software can't be installed, because there is a problem with the
software currently installed. Do you want to repair this problem now?"

I click "Repair".

I am prompted for my password. In a few seconds I return to the Ubuntu
Software Centre.

I click "Install"

Then a window pops up saying "Package operation failed"

I check the details and I see:

"dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr:
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr depends on lsb (>= 3.2)."

So I download lsb-printing_4.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb

I try to install, but the Ubuntu Software Centre prompts me to Remove.

So, at this point I am calling out for HELP!

Thanks in advance
--
Stephen