[GTALUG] SSL Certs

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 01:21:50 UTC 2015

Someone (I don't know whom) wasn't thrilled to have their Mailman
password sent to our web site via non-SSL, hence non-encrypted
connection.  Which points to it being desirable to have an SSL cert.

We could doubtless set up a self-signed cert; that's obviously not
going to go through without "oh, that mightn't be totally legit"
warnings.

We'd not be overly keen on "spending all our substance" on SSL certs,
not when the only use is to protect Mailman passwords.  I hear Mozilla
may be coming out with something later this year (something called
"letsencrypt.org"); anyone have other bright ideas?