[GTALUG] MP BIOS Toshiba - semi revival

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 21:53:56 UTC 2015

<snip the stupid stuff>
> Certainly not.  Debian does binary distrubition and to do anything else
> is stupid.

I think you miss-presume that technology will stay at current levels and
that capacity planning is done the week before instead of the decade before.

Reminds me of Bill Gates, no one is going to need more than 640k, or IBM's
forecast that the entire worlds computing would be done on one or two of
their mainframes.

> Good grief, try compiling kde each time you boot.  Not going to happen.
Says you.
I'm not even going to mention VLIW, concurrency booting in failover,
control granularity on process exit, or the fact that the first time I
compiled a kernel on a 486 it took 20 hr's. Want to bet there is one now
that does it in 20 seconds and how long will it be before that is
microseconds.
What's stupid is not engaging possibilities.