[GTALUG] NTP's Fate Hinges On 'Father Time' - InformationWeek

Mike el.fontanero at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:33:42 UTC 2015

PTP at IP (layer 3) still needs hardware-based (PHY or MAC level)
timestamping in order to achieve O(nanoseconds) and O(ppb) performance in
phase and frequency.  The best performance is achieved with this support at
every link that time sync data traverses.

Telco nerds use Synchronous Ethernet besides...

Mike