[GTALUG] Pre-meeting bite at Ethiopiques

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:06:57 UTC 2015

On 10 March 2015 at 21:42, Stewart Russell <scruss at gmail.com> wrote:
> Was it good? I was the enthusiastic advocate for it a couple of months ago,
> and now find myself booked up for the next 6 Tuesdays ...

It was pretty OK.  A bit pricier than the pizza joint; not something that
makes me lose sleep.

Service was decent (other Ethiopian places around town have tended
to be painfully slow!!!), we should have been a bit quicker about getting
ourselves rolling.  We were short on time by the end, which is to say
that dinner there properly needs about 1.5h, where what we had was
about 55 minutes.  That's not at all criticism of them; we were over
constrained.

The food was all good.  Spices were, I think, a bit restrained, which
was wise for enough of us.

Several people said they'd like to do it again with family and such.
I'd be keen on giving it 90 minutes to do it more justice!  :-)