[GTALUG] war story: creating Raspberry Pi 2 boot card

Ansar Mohammed ansarm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:21:35 UTC 2015

I have a few Pi's and I have come to the conclusion that you can't skimp on
the SD cards.
Rasbian killed my el cheapo ADATA class 10 microSD.

OpenELEC and XMBC are unusable on the class 10 cards.

FreeBSD won't boot reliably with a class 10 or less SD card unless you use
the tweaks I mentioned here:
<http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=99151&sid=4784ce25811d943c46ce005dc8e89f12>

When I finally ponied up the cash for high speed Kingston Ultimate (90MB
read/40MB write) cards I had zero issues.