[GTALUG] Live and die by the command line WAS Re: git questions

Walter Dnes waltdnes at waltdnes.org
Sat Mar 7 02:37:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 08:23:38PM -0500, Loui Chang wrote
> On Fri 06 Mar 2015 23:00 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
> > I have to add/delete entries whenever I subscribe/unsubscribe to
> > mailing lists, but that's it.
>
> I don't change anything in mutt for mailing lists.
> What setting are you changing for mailing lists? aliases?
> Any recommendations for a textmode addressbook?

  I add new aliases to ~/.mutt/.aliases as necessary.  I also have my
mail sorted into separate mailboxes by procmail.  Some of my boxes are...

mailboxes =dillo =eudev =gentoo =icewm =inbox =spam =teksavvy =tlug

  I pull email from 4 different sources with getmail, and have procmail
figure out which ~/Maildir subdirectory to drop it into.  It's a
many-to-many relationship.  I don't have a seprate "addressbook manager".
I simply use the ~/.mutt/.aliases file.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>