[GTALUG] Live and die by the command line WAS Re: git questions

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 19:00:07 UTC 2015

On 6 March 2015 at 13:24, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri 06 Mar 2015 10:52 -0500, Giles Orr wrote:
>> I live and die by the command line, and I'm fairly sure all of this
>> can be achieved without installing extra tools ...
> [SNIP]
>
> What do you use for mail on the command line?

Ah, you're making a perfectly reasonable assumption that I can't live
up to.  I don't browse the web from the CLI and I don't do mail from
the CLI.  I'm trying to think of other exceptions - I'm sure there are
one or two - but I guess those are the major ones.

I used mutt for a year or so (a decade ago), but configuring it always
required a huge amount of reading, editing text files, cursing, and
rinse and repeat.  While vim is arguably the same, I found the rewards
greater - so I continue to use vim but these days I use Gmail's web
interface rather than mutt.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/