[GTALUG] 2 networks under ip (iproute2)

Walter Dnes waltdnes at waltdnes.org
Sun Mar 1 03:30:53 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 09:51:12PM -0500, James Knott wrote

> Why not go with the other option I mentioned, add another NIC.  They're
> cheap and you can do what you want without violating the RFC.  All
> you'll need to connect the tuner is a cross over Ethernet cable.  All
> new hardware might set you back $10-$15

  Even easier is to include the line...

modules=( "!iproute2" )

...in my /etc/conf.d/net (probably Gentoo specific) and it keeps working
using ifconfig.  I got the tuner sometime around May 2010.  When
ifconfig support is totally deprecated, it'll probably be time for a new
tuner anyways.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>