[GTALUG] random wifi disconnects

Brent Kimberley Brent.Kimberley at Durham.ca
Mon Jun 29 14:04:47 UTC 2015

2.4Ghz Wifi and Bluetooth appear to share common spectrum.

Try:

1)      Allowing Wifi to trample on Bluetooth.; or,

2)      Running an RF survey.
http://www.kismetwireless.net/
https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-16/dc16-presentations/defcon-16-ahmad.pdf (i.e. Stimulus 1 & 2)
http://ubertooth.sourceforge.net/usage/start/

From: talk [mailto:talk-bounces at gtalug.org] On Behalf Of Tim Tisdall
Sent: June-29-15 9:30 AM
To: GTALUG Talk
Subject: Re: [GTALUG] random wifi disconnects

Wifi issues are a mysterious thing...  I usually find I twiddle with things until I find that it's better.  Fortunately in Ubuntu it's rare that I've had to do that.

One thing you could try, though it may do nothing, is set the CRDA to CA:

iw reg set CA

I'm not sure what CRDA does if it doesn't have a country to work with...  I think it may use the most restrictive settings.