[GTALUG] Request for printer recommendations

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Sun Jun 28 14:55:56 UTC 2015

On 15-06-27 11:07 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Malgosia Askanas <maskanas at pair.com>
>
> | I am a new and green Ubuntu laptop owner in the GTA, and am wondering if you
> | could recommend a b/w laser printer (preferably USB-wired) that would work
> | smoothly with Ubuntu.  As I discovered, my Lexmark E232 (that works
> | beautifully with my Macs) is not (at all) Ubuntu-liked...
>
> The devil is in the details.

Some companies are good at providing drivers for their devices for Windows,
Mac, and sometimes x86 based Linux. However, if you are doing something with
embedded systems that have a different processor (ie. an ARM based one),
closed source drivers mean you are out of luck as far as using the device.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.