[GTALUG] [offtopic] Global telenetworking

Brent Kimberley Brent.Kimberley at Durham.ca
Fri Jun 26 12:37:43 UTC 2015

‎Hi Evan.
‎Why not get more camp involvement?

I think the telenetworking initiative may be more successful if the camp is involved, drives, and  buys-into the entire life cycle especially the front-end  (e.g. positioning, marketing, sales, presentations, music, speeches, videos, etc.)

Ie Raw camp led initiatives may reach people in a way that polished initiatives can not reach people .

If timed properly (following housing, food, water, sewage, medical, internal governance, mail) such initiatives might reduce internal crime, vandalism, ‎conflict, etc and provide the entire camp with opportunities and hope.

Brent
‎
From: Evan Leibovitch
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 21:58
To: GTALUG Talk
Reply To: GTALUG Talk
Subject: [GTALUG] [offtopic] Global telenetworking

Greetings from the
​GTALUG ​
Geneva bureau.
​
(The "G" does stand for "greater", doesn't it?)​

I have a question deriving from my current task at hand, and I'm wondering
if anyone here can help.

Does anyone have any information, lists, research, etc on what companies
hire or contract teleworkers (ie, people not required to be physically
present at the office to do the work)?

This is different from telecommuting, where you have a local job but can
work from home. I mean companies that are into hiring software developers,
customer service reps, etc from other countries. (in my context, I'm
specifically looking for those willing to hire talented people working out
of refugee camps who are, for various reasons, bound to their current
locations.)

Any help at all, directly or to pointers, is appreciated. Apologies to
those who realize this isn't Linux specific.

Thanks!

--
Evan Leibovitch
Geneva, CH

Sk: evanleibovitch
Tw: el56

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) ONLY AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER ANY RELEVANT PRIVACY LEGISLATION. No rights to any privilege have been waived. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy, taking of action in reliance on or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message.