[GTALUG] Request for printer recommendations

phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca
Thu Jun 25 18:23:23 UTC 2015

I'm using Linux Mint with a Brother HL-2170 monochrome printer and a
Brother MFC-9125CN on a home network. The 9125 scanner works from
SimpleScan.

One advantage of Brother printers is that replacement toner is available
from (relatively) low-cost suppliers through Canada Computers.

I haven't done an exhaustive test of the functions but the basics of
printing seem to work correctly.

I had endless problems until I realized that the router was periodically
re-assigning the IP addresses of the printers. Once I fixed that they've
been working properly.

Peter