[GTALUG] [OT] Unlocking Phone Samsung Galaxy S3

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Jun 17 04:03:04 UTC 2015

- -------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 21:55:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [GTALUG] [OT] Unlocking Phone Samsung Galaxy S3
From: Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>
To: Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com>

(Not sure my reply will make it to the GTA list, so feel free to forward
it).

I never had a phone brick when unlocking it, though I did this 5 or 6
times in recent years.

The way it works is that the unlock company gets your IMEI, and they
send you an unlock code. When you insert your SIM and power on the
phone, it asks for an unlock code, and you just enter it, and that is it.

Sony phones (the brand I use most) costs $29.99 US, and they are among
the most costly to unlock. Other phones cost less.

On Cell Unlocker's web site, you can enter the make/model/carrier and
IMEI and they give you a quote, so you know ahead of time how much it
costs.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> On the KWLUG mailing list we just had this discussion.
>
> Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>
>> If you own the phone (e.g. you bought it outright, or got it
>> used from Kijiji), you can unlock it for anywhere between $10 to
>> $30 depending on the model and carrier it is locked to.
>
>> I have had good service from http://www.cellunlocker.net/ You
>> can get a quote from them by entering your phone info (including
>> IMEI).
>
> http://kwlug.org/pipermail/kwlug-disc_kwlug.org/2015-June/028135.html

- --Bob.