[GTALUG] Clean Ubuntu Install Tips

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Fri Jun 12 00:15:09 UTC 2015

On 15-06-11 06:51 PM, Stephen wrote:
> But the last one, to 12.04 broke my PHP and the only solution I have found
> is to do a clean install.

That might be a simple way to try and fix things but I wouldn't think it
should be the only way.

You don't say in which way it is broken. You could downgrade PHP, remove all
packages that have anything to do with PHP and reinstall from your distros
PHP package, or you could remove all existing PHP packages and install a
version you built from source.

Another thing is whether the problem is simply a configuration error in
Apache. You can run some tests on PHP using 'php -a' at a command line to
run it interactively and see if it appears to be functional or not.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.