[GTALUG] My company is looking for syadamins, Javascript and java developers

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Fri Jul 31 16:34:28 UTC 2015

The classic HR descriptions are at http://www.indeed.ca/worldgaming-jobs

World Gaming organizes prize-paying tournaments for video games. Many of
us are gamers (I'm not, I'm just a nerd), but the business is organizing
the tournaments, recording the scores, collecting the fees and paying
out the prizes.  We're at https://worldgaming.com logically, University
and Adelaide physically.

The front end is Angular JS, using REST to talk to the back end in Java.
The platform is Tomcat, and the database is PostgreSQL on Centos. We
develop with Eclipse and Maven on the back end, plus git and flyway for
source and database revision control.  The front end toolset is more
variable, mostly using node-based tools and git.

We need good Java, javascript and full-stack developers, plus at least
an intermediate sysadmin, so if you're such a person or know someone who
is, pass the word on!

--dave