[GTALUG] Fwd: Linux Distros available in Toronto

Blaise Alleyne email+libre at blaise.ca
Mon Jul 27 18:29:59 UTC 2015

On 27/07/15 12:27 PM, Myles Braithwaite wrote:
> We got this email on our general mailing list. Does anyone know where
> you can purchase Linux DVDs in Toronto.

Despite the question being obsolete... What about a book store?

(I guess the answer is almost obsolete too...)

In Jan/Feb 2007 when Microsoft put ads all over St. George Station for Vista's
"The Wow is Now" campaign, this dissatisfied Windows user got so annoyed that I
went off impulsively searching for a way to try out this mythical "linux" one
evening.

Sure, I probably should have gone online instead... but truth is I just took the
subway a couple extra stops to Yorkdale, went to Indigo, looked in the magazine
and computer books section. There are a couple magazines with discs, but I
settled on some comprehensive guide to Ubuntu that came with the most recent LTS
on DVD.

I'm not sure that you could find somewhere in Toronto that sells DVDs with
GNU/Linux on them, but I bet a store with a wide enough selection of computer
books and magazines will sell one that comes with a DVD.

But yeah, +1 to just burning the ISO, or better yet, using a USB flash drive...