[GTALUG] Fedora 22 Live Workstation Install - no fglrx - no pdftk

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 22:35:17 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-26 11:37 AM, Russell Reiter wrote:

> … I forgot I had previously used
> ImageMagic's "convert" to combine pages, perhaps I can also use it to
> apply the page numbers as watermarks.

It *may* convert the pages to bitmaps, which is likely not what you
want. But I could be wrong: when Chris at Seneca mentioned using Pango
Markup Language
<http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/pango-markup-language.html> in
ImageMagick at a recent talk, I was pleasantly surprised that it made
decent all-vector PDFs via IM.

Another option for overlaying watermarks is Apache PDFBox. It works from
the command line, but you are invoking Java:

https://pdfbox.apache.org/1.8/commandline.html#overlayPDF

Usage looks fiddly, but PDFBox is pretty mature.

cheers,
 Stewart