[GTALUG] Luks on Ubuntu 14.04

Randy Jonasz rjonasz at rjonasz.org
Fri Jul 24 23:17:04 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to resolve an issue unlocking a luks encrypted
partition on boot using Ubuntu 14.04.  I've set it up to automatically
unlock after the root partition's password has been entered by adding
the target entry into /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/cryptroot.  I have 6
drives in this machine and 5 unlock fine.  The 6th errors out with
unkonwn fs or bad options or password.  I can unlock the partition after
boot using the derived key from cryptroot.  I've tried to zero out the
drive and start over but the problem persists.  Can anyone give me any
pointers on how to solve this?  The drive is used as a cache drive for
the zfs file system.

Thanks!

Randy