[GTALUG] Europass docs and LibreOffice

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 12:00:20 UTC 2015

Hi Malgosia,

> I just had occasion to open in Libre Office under Ubuntu 15.04 some
> (externally created) Europass CVs (with extension .doc), and LibreOffice
> made a real mess of them

This is strange, as Europass document templates are created and
distributed as native ODF:
https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions

The ODT and Word .doc templates look clean to me on LibreOffice, so I
wonder if the sender of your documents fiddled with the contents a bit.
MS Word can do that.

Europass is supposed to embed standard field definitions that map
directly to a standard XML schema. It's possible that this could be
recovered from your Word docs and the results reformatted. It's also
just as likely that the creator of these documents broke them irreparably.

cheers,
 Stewart