[GTALUG] Uh-oh. Command not found

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 7 16:21:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 09:50:34PM -0400, phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca wrote:
> Then, for some reason, the USB key wouldn't boot. Fortunately, an old

Strange that USB would boot once, but not twice.

> Knoppix CD did boot, establishing that boot from CD was still working. So
> I prevailed on my friend Gabriel to burn me an .iso on DVD, and that
> worked.
>
> So, to my colleagues in TLUG, I ask: How would you deal with the
> re-location of /bin, assuming you didn't want to re-install?

Just move /bin back to original location. :-)  I'm sure there was reason
for not able to that.  Other than that,
    - keep /home in separate partition, as Chris suggested.
    - keep backup.  I do 4 complete cron backups (hourly, daily, weekly,
      and monthly), and 1 manual backup (electrically disconnected).  It
      used to be the other way around, 1 cron and 4 manual, but I got
      tired of swapping harddisks.