[GTALUG] HP printers [Request for printer recommendations]

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jul 6 15:44:28 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 11:41:35AM -0400, Malgosia Askanas wrote:
> My past experience with HP printers has been that they print
> beautifully but the mechanicals crap out after a very short time,
> after which one has to feed/unfeed the paper by hand.  I've spent
> untold hours feeding my HP printers, and am uneager to repeat the
> experience.  But perhaps they have become better in recent years?

The massive HP printer/scanner/copier we had in the office a few years
ago was a disaster.  The thing it did best was paper jams.  Dozens of
paper jams every day.

The canon that replaced it has almost never had a paper jam.

Of course those are not models you would use at home, but given they
do postscript and IPP network printing, they work great with linux
(for printing, scanning is a different story).

--
Len Sorensen