[GTALUG] war story: keyboard failure leads to sustained mayhem

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Mon Jul 6 13:10:05 UTC 2015

On 15-07-05 10:59 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> - apparently I really only use the KVM for booting; it would be
>    nice if PCs had been designed to be happy headless

In older days (a few generations of PC ago) there used to be a BIOS setting
where you could tell it to ignore keyboard errors. You would enable that
feature if you wanted to run the computer without a keyboard. I haven't
looked to see if such a feature still exists in modern day BIOS but I don't
see why they would have removed the option unless it will ignore keyboard
errors automatically.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.