[GTALUG] Request for printer recommendations

Justin Julian justin.m.julian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:44:22 UTC 2015

I have an HP Laserjet 1012. It prints 8.5x11 like a dream. Flawlessly
compatible with Ubuntu, connecting directly via USB.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Q2461A-ABA-LaserJet-Printer/dp/B0000C1XHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435768875&sr=8-1&keywords=laserjet+1012

It's a bit pricey on Amazon, mainly because it is discontinued and still
very popular. The PRO P1102w may be the replacement. It is also a USB
printer:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-CE657A-BGJ-LaserJet-P1102w/dp/B0036TGGVO/ref=sr_1_5?s=office-electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435768959&sr=1-5&keywords=hp+laserjet&refinements=p_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A5662328011

I have tested the European model, it works perfectly. Not sure if the North
American version will work the same. I guess it should.

JJ