[GTALUG] Lenovo Thinkpad T410

John Moniz john.moniz at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 25 22:21:36 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I need to get a computer for a project that requires a program that is
only available for windows. However, I intend to dual boot with Linux
and want to make sure that I buy something that is nicely compatible.
And I'm looking for the portability of a laptop.

There seems to be a general appreciation of Thinkpads on this list. I
have my eye on a Thinkpad T410 and was wondering if anyone has reason to
suggest that I should stay away from that particular model. The store
will be installing Windows 7 and they apparently have enough Linux
knowledge to install a dual boot system.

I believe there was someone on the list (I think from Kitchener) who
sold laptops pre-installed with linux. If that person is still around,
I'd welcome a contact off list.

Thanks,

John.