[GTALUG] Running Hadoop on a 32 bit linux (Fedora 21 or Linuxmint 17) computer

David Thornton northdot9 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 02:06:06 UTC 2015

It is my experience that most "new tools" Hadoop included are developed
primarily for 64 bit platforms. It's possible that some components are
offered with 32 bit versions.  However  we live in a world of very
interdependent software components. It takes a bug or two in the 32 bit
version that's not getting any dev attention because it's 32 bit to bring
your project to a grinding halt. Better to expend energy , time , or money
to start at 64 bit and deal with hard problems rather than asinine problems.

/opinion