[GTALUG] we should use openstreetmap

Anthony de Boer adb at adb.ca
Wed Jan 14 12:53:18 UTC 2015

Scott Allen wrote:
> On 13 January 2015 at 08:03, Stewart C. Russell <scruss at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sheesh; picky-picky. There are a few street view sites associated with
> > OSM; http://openstreetview.org/ is the first I found.
>
> Great, that's really going to help those who are looking for how to
> get to GTALUG meetings, which I believe is the reason that a map link
> is included on the web site.

It is told that to the ancients, a "map" was a folded-up paper thing
depicting the roads one might use to get to one's destination, and
the routing algorithms were advanced-for-the-time neurochemical things
that ran directly in the user's brain, there being no CPUs or Internet
connectivity or cellular data yet.

And yet I found my way to meetings, back when this was called TLUG,
both ways uphill in the snow.  But if you tell kids nowadays, they
won't believe a word of it.

--
Anthony de Boer