[GTALUG] Ubuntu Thunderbird Problem After Replacing Drive With /home

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 17:53:41 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-09 03:39 PM, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> A proper backup system should not have left you with issues in your
> Thunderbird filters unless the recovery process copied the Thunderbird
> files on to a machine with a slightly different path to the directory
> containing the mail files.

There's also a chance that the restore went fine, but Thunderbird isn't
looking at the right profile, so doesn't see it. Profiles are yet
another annoying feature of Thunderbird (and still I use it; partly
because everything else has more or different annoyances).

Maybe there's something in this page about profiles that might fix the
issue: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird

cheers,
 Stewart