[GTALUG] Cubox Dev Platform OS images?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Jan 10 02:20:30 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 11:51:33AM -0500, Thomas Milne wrote:
> Any time ever would be absolutely amazing and appreciated. I know it's
> a lot to ask. If you were willing, I could get it from you by Subaru
> network of course :-)

I am giving it a go at the moment when I have a bit of spare time.

I now have the debian jessie 3.16 kernel running on the cubox.  It needed
two small patches from the upstream kernel to fix a couple of tiny
problems, and then I enabled about 8 missing config entries in the debian
kernel.  With that and adding the CuBox to the flash-kernel package,
I can now install a kernel and have it configure u-boot automatically
the debian way.

No graphics support yet, but I am testing a build with some patches
pulled from Russell King's tree that might solve that.  It even includes
support for using the marvell binary video decoder libraries with the
video decoder hardware in the CPU, so perhaps that would be useful
for something.

So pretty soon I should be able to have a nice clean Jessie install
of Debian with only a slightly modified debian kernel package matching
exactly what Jessie expects (I was running a 3.8 kernel before).

So far USB, uSD and SATA as well as the IR port are working with the
Jessie kernel no problem.

--
Len Sorensen