[GTALUG] Linksys 1200AC, an inexpensive, open-source 802.11ac Wi-Fi router

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Thu Jan 8 15:42:01 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 10:33 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 08:27:41AM -0500, James Knott wrote:
>> It's also ugly.  ;-)
> Do you prefer the style Asus is using:
>
> http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/RTAC66U/

For some reason some companies come up with ugly designs (The Chrysler
PT Crusier being one).  I recently had a Hitron cable modem that I
wanted to hide in the closet, it was so ugly.  I have an old WRT54G here
and it looks a lot better than the newer models.  I guess the designers
are watching too much sci-fi.  ;-)

As much as I support open source, I wouldn't give these devices shelf space.