[GTALUG] Cubox Dev Platform OS images?

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 00:38:28 UTC 2015

lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

>> On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 11:30:58AM -0500, Thomas Milne wrote:
>> > It sounds like it. Wow.
>> >
>> > So can I boot into that Debian system and compile a new kernel from
inside
>> > that? And do I need to know what options to choose at compile and
modules
>> > to load for Cubox hardware or is that automatic?
>>
>> Kernel config is not automatic.  That bit you have to deal with.
>

> There wiki shows this command: "make cubox_defconfig"  So, they've
already created a default configuration for you to start from.

>> > Pardon my dumb questions. I was reading this, about installing Debian
and
>> > compiling a new kernel:
>> >
>> > http://www.solid-run.com/archive/mw/index.php/Debian_netboot_installer
>> >
>> > I might be in over my head. Those instructions assume that I know how
to do
>> > a lot of things that I do not.
>>
>> That's the problem when the people writing the instructions know what
>> they are doing already.
>

> I guess the best thing to do is start from the beginning and when you're
stuck you can post on the mailing list the specific problem you're having
and someone should be able to help.  (Also, you after you figure out what's
missing you could modify their wiki to either have the info you need or
link to it)

Ya I will probably give it a try, unless Lennart wants to be all
magnanimous and just upload an image of his install for me ;)

Right now I am fixated on a whole wireless ethernet bridge ... thing.

Thanks for the pointer, much appreciated.