[GTALUG] Power Supplies & Video Cards

David Thornton northdot9 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 01:14:51 UTC 2015

Some bioses (bioii?) will tell you about consumption, if that's any help.

The software package lm_sensors might be able to help you see what data is
made available but YMMV as there is no widespread "standard" for access to
power consumption data as far as I know.

Expensive servers have polished aps for acessing that sort of data....

ha! I googled "measuring  pci card power consumption" and the first hit was

"How We Measure Graphics Card Power Consumption ..."
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-performance-benchmarks,3784-3.html

Very sexeh setup.

David

david