[GTALUG] Experience with TekSavvy Business DSL

Blaise Alleyne email+libre at blaise.ca
Mon Jan 5 14:55:52 UTC 2015

On 04/01/15 05:52 PM, Sadiq Saif wrote:
> I am curious if anybody on the list has experience with TekSavvy's
> business DSL service. I am looking at their 25/10 business service with
> a dry loop.
>
> Any good/bad/ugly thoughts experiences?

I've been using Teksavvy business DSL at work since 2010 or 2011. No problems.
Just leave some time for the initial setup, as it can take a while to get the
Bell tech scheduled to activate things (IIRC around a 7-10 business days? Maybe
less...).

My parents have been using residential Teksavvy DSL since 2009 as well. There
was one issue with signal strength in around 2011, and it took a while to
resolve, but eventually we got a Bell technician in who installed something that
boosted the signal strength or something -- it was painful waiting to get that
resolved (it was easiest to make progress via the Teksavvy forums at
dslreports.com versus multiple phone calls, but hard to do that without an
internet connection!), but that was the only time we've had a problem in 5.5
years. (We had more frequent problems with Rogers cable internet cutting out
before that TBH...)

At my apartment, I had a residential Teksavvy dry loop DSL connection from
2010-2012. When moving in 2012, since we had to pay setup costs for the new
apartment anyways, we switched to Teksavvy cable for faster speeds.

In addition to a working service, I sleep a bit better at night with less money
going to Rogers/Bell and more going to Teksavvy.