[GTALUG] Libre Graphics in Toronto

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 13:19:37 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-25 06:32 PM, Martin Owens wrote:
> I'm actually with the Inkscape project and we're looking for local
> people who are interested in inkscape and future development etc.

Inkscape has really come on with the last few releases, so
congratulations on that. I haven't even scratched the surface of the
newer features.

Not sure I'd be much use to your group, as all I'd do is fulminate about
font handling. fontconfig is a great idea, except it now has layer upon
layer of substitutions which typically result in something egregious
happening. No, evince: Liberation Sans is /*not*/ a suitable substitute
for ZapfDingbats, and never was …

cheers,
 Stewart