[GTALUG] Raid 10 repair question

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 20:28:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 04:14:04PM -0600, o1bigtenor wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Lennart Sorensen <
> > lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> need to

> > > that
> > >
> > > There should be zero reboots required for this.
> > >
> > > Most partition tools do a partition table reread automatically when you
> > > exit, or you can use 'hdparm -z /dev/sdX' to do it.  If
> /proc/partitions
> > > shows the new sizes, you are good to go.
> > >

> > Is there a way to partition the drive in a running system?
> >
> > The only way that I know of is to reboot onto a rescue disk and use
> gparted
> > there
> > to partition the drive.
> >
> > I have not been able to find anything using duckduck nor ms google.
> >
> > A complete back is just finishing as I write this.
> >
> > Thanking those that have contributed to the conversation for their
> > assistance!!
>
> Well cfdisk, parted, fdisk, gdisk, etc.
>
> Somewhat depends if you need GPT or MBR style partition table.

Needs to be a GPT style partition table.
Its on a UEFI system and that was the only way I could get things working.
I got quite used to fdisk and gdisk is just different enough that I am
still a
little careful. I don't really enjoy those long teaching moments anymore!

TIA

Dee