[GTALUG] Connection Refused

Blaise Alleyne email+libre at blaise.ca
Fri Feb 20 17:11:15 UTC 2015

On 20/02/15 11:57 AM, Randy Jonasz wrote:
> On 15-02-19 11:34 PM, William Park wrote:
>> Port 25 is matched by 'fail2ban-dovecot' and 'fail2ban-postfix' which do
>> nothing.  So, check postfix main config.
> Alas I can telnet to port 25 from outside of my lan.  What would restrict my lan
> address?  The server is in Germany.  I can telnet from work at McMaster
> University but nothing from my home. [...]

Just a guess, but since you've got fail2ban running, have you checked to see if
you accidentally banned your IP address when testing? I've done that before.

I'd suggest double-checking the fail2ban log to see if your IP address is
listed, and/or make sure it's whitelisted in your fail2ban config.

If that's not the problem though, then I'm not sure what's going on with Postfix...