[GTALUG] Raid 10 repair question

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 18 03:19:39 UTC 2015

Disk failed last September, and you're replacing it now?  Boy, you got
balls!

You are better off to use whatever utility you used in the first place.
Manual typing would go something like
    man mdadm
    cat /proc/mdstat
    mdadm -D -v /dev/md0
    mdadm /dev/md0 --add /dev/sdx
where
    /dev/sdx is the new disk.  Here, the new device should be the "same"
    as the old.  If the old was a partition (eg. /dev/sda1), then the
    new should be a partition.  If the old was entire device (eg.
    /dev/sda), then the new should be entire device also.
--
William