[GTALUG] interesting new approach to forking

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Wed Feb 18 02:35:33 UTC 2015

On 02/17/2015 09:02 PM, Russell Reiter wrote:
> No offence intended, but check your notes on DELTA vs. WYSE AC Power.
> I believe I have pontificated on this list about that quite enough in
> the last decade to correct YOUR errors Lennart.

Perhaps you meant delta vs wye 3 phase power.  All that means is
different ways to connect 3 phase transformers.

> You didn't even know what the centre tap is, so how could you be
> expected to understand dirty AC and the power's relationship to 64 bit
> ARCH, VLIW, UART, LSBinit, SGML, HTML, XML, dependency based booting
> in Debian, or why they are called script kittys, or the universe in
> near and far field effects, randomness and time modification in
> transmissions.

Given today's power supplies, I don't see much of an issue with "dirty"
power getting through to the circuitry.  In a computer power supply, we
have single phase power that's rectified, run through a power oscillator
to produce high frequency AC, which is passed through a transformer,
rectified and regulated.  Not much chance for that dirty power to make
it through.  Of course, the circuit board will also have capacitors
distributed around it to further reduce noise and improve regulation.