[GTALUG] interesting new approach to forking

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 02:02:56 UTC 2015

<SNIP>
> What do any of those have to do with VLIW?

No offence intended, but check your notes on DELTA vs. WYSE AC Power.
I believe I have pontificated on this list about that quite enough in
the last decade to correct YOUR errors Lennart.

You didn't even know what the centre tap is, so how could you be
expected to understand dirty AC and the power's relationship to 64 bit
ARCH, VLIW, UART, LSBinit, SGML, HTML, XML, dependency based booting
in Debian, or why they are called script kittys, or the universe in
near and far field effects, randomness and time modification in
transmissions.

> They apply equality to CISC and RISC as well, but at least those tend
> to be designed to run real code generated by real compilers rather than
> imagined code generated by imagined magical compilers that don't exist.

Whatever exists in your imagination regarding real compilers and
imagined magical ones are just another ponzi scheme of big oil money
IT, apparently now centred in Alberta. The rest of us try to use a
DELPHI consensus of experts, sort of a Canadian Intelligence Agency.

I cut my teeth on the IBM blue wire fix, no reason for me to jump ship
now. I've been pushing for clean air and clean power in Toronto for a
long time. God bless IBM for opening up their architecture when every
one else was closing up shop. I wonder why they did that?

I might be premature but I believe a trusted compiler is in the works,
it just needs some funding after the dirty power issue is cleaned up
bit bya bit.

Regression testing is a bitch, but you do have to do it one tiny bit
at a time. Believe me I spend a shit-load of time trying to fix up my
own mistakes but the bosses won't let me, so I just have to eat them.